Sunday, March 22, 2015

Facebook

Today, I deactivated my Facebook account. It may not last--some friends won't be happy with this--but I've toyed with the idea for a while.

While Facebook can be great for reconnecting with people you haven't seen in years and keeping tabs on others, it's a huge time drain. Yes, I could just limit my use of it, but that doesn't really happen, even when I tell myself it will. It's like a Siren, calling me to crash on the rocks of wasted time. I definitely have better things to do.

Also, friends who I know don't mean harm (I know them in real life, so I know them well enough to be sure) post things that upset me. Why would I want more of that? So it was time to shut it down. The negatives outweigh the positives. Who needs that?

2 comments:

Jess said...

Well, that didn't last. While I figured some people might realize I'd shut down my Facebook account, I didn't realize I'd scare people. I got multiple messages, asking if I was okay. Not worth scaring people, so it's back on. I'll just try to ignore it more! :)

Big Al said...

Meh, who needs Facebook anyway?

Oh, hang on.